Subject: Re: Problem with gcore and permissions
To: None <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/17/2005 19:29:14
--Apple-Mail-4-999419708

On 17-Jan-05, at 5:22 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

>>> So the problem is fixed :-)
>>
>> In -current, yes.  But we can't leave our release in that state, can
>> we?
>>  That's why I am trying to debug this with the 2.0 branch instead of
>>  the
>> release.  I am hoping we can fix this for 2.0.1 or at least 2.1.
>
> It's possible that I have identified the change that fixes this.  In
> src/sys/kern/sysv_sem.c the following was pulled up in ticket #903.
> Could this be the critical change?  I am testing this now and so is
> Andreas Wrede (he was discussing this in the -help mailing list) so we

Unfortunately this change is not it. postgres went into a loop again
within 25 minutes of rebooting with the patched kernel.  And again,
gcore produces 'gcore: ptrace(PT_DUMPCORE) failed: Permission denied'.
Note that gcore on a postgres process that is not looping works just
fine.

--
	aew

--Apple-Mail-4-999419708