Subject: Re: Getting "TLB IPI rendezvous failed..."
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/2005 17:57:49
In article <1105807019.64610.7754.camel@palm.tree.com>,
	Stephan Uphoff <ups@tree.com> writes:
> On Sat, 2005-01-15 at 10:05, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>
>> If you think that a current kernel has additionnal fixes that may be relevant,
>
> Mhhh .. is see a change in the i386 spl logic:
>
>> Updaing ci_ilevel and testing ci_ipending must be done with all
>>  interrupts
>> off, or priority inversion can occur, which can lead to IPI deadlocks.
>> Leaves interrupts off for a bit longer, sadly, but with no noticeable
>> effects on the systems I tested on.
>>
>> From YAMAMOTO Takashi.
>
> That did not make it to the 2-0-RELEASE.

You must mean this...

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2004/06/28/0021.html

I tried that one early on, and it didn't make a difference for me.

Another data point -- the panic doesn't seem to occur until "top"
and "vmstat -m" indicate that most of the permitted kernel memory
is being utilized. (That's 256MB with 1GB of memory.)

Frederick