Subject: Re: Problem with gcore and permissions
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/13/2005 10:31:02
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Are you suggesting that because the server is not built with pthreads to
> begin with?  I had that problem before and fixed (kluged) it by adding
> the following line to postgresql74/Makefile.common:
>
> .include "../../mk/pthread.buildlink3.mk"
>
> So all postgresql programs get built with threads anyway.

Ah, but that change didn't make it to pkgsrc-2004Q4. I'll try building
again with your change.

> What was the error you were seeing?  Did it keep running but get into a
> state that it would not answer queries and could only be killed with -9?

That's exactly what I was seeing. But probably because of the above then?

> This still would not explain why the exact same setup fails on 2.0
> release but not 2.0 RC4 or -current.

I failed to mention, I'm running 2.0RC4 on that particular machine.

dieter

--
 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu