Subject: Re: Problem with gcore and permissions
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/12/2005 21:21:13
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> If no one can help with this, does anyone have any idea why PostgreSQL
> would suddenly start getting into a busy loop in 2.0 but not RC4 or
> -current?

I suspect it has something to do with dlopening modules that use pthreads.
I saw the same a few days ago, and now that I've built postgresql47-server
with DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREADS set to "no", it seems to keep running.

dieter

--
 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu