Subject: Re: Problem with gcore and permissions
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
From: dieter <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/12/2005 21:21:13
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> If no one can help with this, does anyone have any idea why PostgreSQL
> would suddenly start getting into a busy loop in 2.0 but not RC4 or
> -current?

I suspect it has something to do with dlopening modules that use pthreads.
I saw the same a few days ago, and now that I've built postgresql47-server
with DLOPEN_REQUIRE_PTHREADS set to "no", it seems to keep running.

 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
 	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley