Subject: VIA EPIA PD6000E, NetBSD and pf
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org,>
From: Teemu Rinta-aho <teemu@rinta-aho.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/27/2004 13:05:30
Hi all,

I have a VIA EPIA PD6000E Mini-ITX board with two ethernets
(VIA Rhine III & VIA Rhine II). The system is running ipfilter
happily, but with pf I have found a problem that the system
is sending *both* the NATed and the original packets out on
the external interface. I have a filtering rule that should
block packets with private addresses on the external interface.
So, the conclusion is that packets are going *both* through
the kernel *and* hopping directly from the internal ethernet
interface to another... I have been running tcpdump on both
interfaces and the result was that I see all the same packets
on both interfaces, *when* pf is enabled.

I already posted a NetBSD pr on this. dmesg, configurations etc. can
be found at:

http://www.rinta-aho.org/pr-pf/

I also posted a question to the VIA Arena Forums:

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=62838&enterthread=y

Any help is most appreciated. I can do more debugging
if and when needed.

Teemu

P.S. Please cc: my e-mail when replying