Subject: Re: Kernel cross-compiling howto
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/25/2004 00:06:28

--0-334199537-1103929588=:193

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:57:16 +0100 (CET)
> Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de> wrote:
>
>> since I shot myself in the foot cross-compiling a kernel yesterday and
>> had to figure things out (I found no documentation except VERY old
>> mailing list entries), I wrote a litte howto.
> http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/cross/
> --=20
>

> tsch=FC=DF,
>       Jochen
>
> Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

Hi,

thanks all for the many replies - sure, the one-line version is a lot=20
better.

Yep, that's described in the "cross building NetBSD" howto.

Perhaps a link in the "Kernel FAQ" or a short note there'd be good since=20
"Kernel FAQ" is the item one'd look for kernel compilation issues first,=20
perhaps not cross-building (at least not me, and I don't think I'm alone).

So one sentence "Refer to <url> for cross-compiling the kernel" in FAQ=20
perhaps?

-Florian
--0-334199537-1103929588=:193--