Subject: Re: wd, disk write cache, sync cache, and softdep.
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: J Chapman Flack <flack@cs.purdue.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/16/2004 13:38:55
Daniel Carosone wrote:
> >  - all currently pending write requests in the completion queue

To which Bill Studenmund replied:
> Your first condition didn't parse. As I understand you, the completion
> queue will only contain pending write requests, so I don't see how that

Hehe.  I think the first condition has an implied verb, leading to
>1 possible parse.  :)  The parse I *think* was intended would be the
same as

  - all currently pending write requests HAVE BEEN ENTERED on the completion
    queue.

Yes, that queue contains only pending requests, but there can be other
pending requests that aren't there yet.

The other conditions had implied verbs too.  :)

-Chap