Subject: Re: trying ethfoo on NetBSD 2.0 [was: Re: [cube@cubidou.net: Re:
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/15/2004 22:43:36
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Quentin Garnier wrote:
>> 1) what do I do wrong, and

>> 2) where's the postload-script for ethfoo to create /dev entries?
>
> There isn't...  Once loaded, modstat will tell you the major number in
> the 'Offset' column.
>
> The command to load the module is simply
> 'modload <wherever it is>/ethfoo.o'.  -s, -x are optional, -e should
> not be needed (if you think you need it, you're doing something wrong).

Um... I can't seem to load ethfoo.o w/o -s:

 	miyu# pwd
 	/home/cvs/src-2.0/sys/lkm/net/ethfoo/ethfoo/obj.i386
 	miyu# ls
 	ethfoo.o     ethfoo_lkm.o i386         machine      x86
 	miyu# modload ethfoo.o
 	modload: error initializing module: Program version wrong
 	miyu# modload -s ethfoo.o
 	Module loaded as ID 0
 	miyu# modstat
 	Type    Id   Offset Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
 	DEV       0  -1/-1  c8fd6000 0008 c8fd7900   2 ethfoo

I guess the Offset would give the major/minor number, but -1 is probably
not the right one. Also, unloading paniced the system (dunno how, I was in
X).

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)