Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 kernel panics
To: None <jtc@acorntoolworks.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/15/2004 11:46:18
--Apple-Mail-21-278726707

On Dec 15, 2004, at 3:15 AM, J.T. Conklin wrote:

> The system uses a Tyan 2466N-4M Motherboard, 2 2800+ CPU's, an intel
> dual gig ethernet card, and a Mylex 352 RAID.  The kernel config is
> GENERIC.MP + DIAGNOSTIC + GATEWAY.  I've appended the dmesg at the
> end of this message.

Sigh.  I think taking DIAGNOSTIC out of GENERIC was a mistake.  Seems
like maybe a good thing to do before tagging the release candidates (so
that benchmarks of "released version GENERIC" are better), but leaving
it on on the trunk and during alpha/beta.

We might have caught these problems earlier if DIAGNOSTIC had been
turned on.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-21-278726707
	name=PGP.sig