Subject: Re: [cube@cubidou.net: Re: Moving ethfoo in the main tree]
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2004 16:41:11
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 12:18:47PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> Ah... no go to have that on the same subnet, e.g. maybe bridge on the
> host, instead of route? FWIW, simh-vax just works for this kind of
> setup...

Well, no it doens't work too well. simh uses /dev/bpf to get or inject
packets on the network, with the bad side effect that it can't communicate
with his host (I had to patch 1.6 to get this working) If it uses a ethfoo
device, you can either bridge it to the real ethernet device, or NAT it, or
route it, ... much more flexible.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>