Subject: Re: NetBSD, apple fibre-channel card & 2.8TB Xserve-RAID
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2004 00:22:46
> The limit for FFSv1 is 2^31 fragments, with large fragments you could
> have > 2^32 sectors.

As I remarked just last message (well, last message I sent :), I
suspect there are bugs at 2^31 sectors even with a large fragsize (the
filesystem I saw the suspicious behaviour with was an 8k/64k
filesystem).

> However both FFSv1 and FFSv2 are limited by the label - Current might
> have enough patches to support 2^32-1 sectors.

2.0RC4 works fine, as far as my limited testing goes, with a disk of
about 1.2TB partitioned with all but epsilon of it in one partition.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign