Subject: Re: NetBSD, apple fibre-channel card & 2.8TB Xserve-RAID
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/03/2004 12:11:42

On Dec 3, 2004, at 12:03 PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Of course since the real limit in disklabels and FFS is 2^32 sectors
> per
> partition and per filesystem the array has to be re-configured to
> present separate LUNs of no more than one terabyte each.

FFSv2 in 2.0/-current should allow you to use up to 2TB.

Yes, disklabels are a problem.  In -current, you could use wedges,
although I do not have any tools for editing GPT partition maps done
yet.  (And there are still other issues to be worked with wedges... but
I have one test system running with them exclusively now.)

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)