Subject: Re: Unicode support in iso9660.
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/01/2004 01:12:22
On Sun 21 Nov 2004 at 18:10:33 -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> ...hm?  How is MS-DOS defined with respect to charset?  I'd always
> thought it was entirely encoding-agnostic

The MS-DOS file system is supposed to be case-insensitive, and for
instance in the German version that means that ä and Ä are probably
supposed to be the same; given that MS-DOS uses different codepages in
just about every major city this makes it quite aware of the character
set.

> /~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
-Olaf.
--
                           -- Ceterum censeo "authored[1]" delendum esse.
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- [1] Ugly English neologism[2].