Subject: problem with usb framework
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalp@acm.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2004 09:04:53
Hello,

I have a basic problem with the usb framework[reported earlier to
tech-kern].

ugen is the generic driver which gets invoked in the absence of any
available driver. When ugen's ATTACH has identified itself as handler
for the driver, all calls to open(), read(), write() etc.. for the
device should go to ugenopen(), ugenread(), ugenclose() etc.. But I can
see  in the kernel debugger, that the calls go to usbopen(), usbread(),
usbclose() etc. and never to ugenopen(), ugenread() etc...

How can that be?

regards
-kamal

P.S:- Only code that comes with distribution is being used and so my own
bugs don't come into the picture.