Subject: Re: Threading problems
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/24/2004 15:29:51
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 12:07:55PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> The easiest solution is that if a program may dlopen() something that uses
> libpthread, then compile it with "-pthread". Then libpthread will be in
> there, and things will work right.

This is the solution I am currently implementing for pkgsrc.  I need
two issues to be clarified before I start modifying packages:

(1) I have a shared library that dlopens shared modules that may be
    potentially link with "-pthread".  Should this shared library be
    linked with "-pthread"?

(2) I have an application that links against this above shared library.
    Does this application need to be linked with "-pthread"?

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>