Subject: Re: Threading problems
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/23/2004 20:47:38
Daniel Carosone wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 02:11:44PM -0500, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> > That will add in -lpthread to the program, yes. Do you know what
> > module is causing the problem? I have a suspicion that a lot of the
> > problems with this are modules that are inappropriately linked against
> > libpthread in the first place.
>
> I would guess plperl or plpython, if you have them and a threaded
> version of the relevant interpreter installed.
>
> There's active work in pkgsrc right now to address this issue, though
> I haven't been following it closely; perhaps someone else can comment
> in more detail.  In the meantime, please check for this, and perhaps
> try rebuilding the relevant pkg's from -current pkgsrc?

Yeah, the libpthread lossage is becoming quite a big problem. Is there
no way to avoid the crash when loading threaded object module
to non-threaded application? We urgently need to come up with
pkgsrc solution for this.

Jaromir
-=- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=-
-=- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=-