Subject: Re: minfree - 5% or 10% by default?
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/17/2004 20:55:22
On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:31:16PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> newfs.8 talks about minfree defaulting to 5%, while
> tunefs.8 talks about 10%. Which one is true,
> and can someone please adjust the wrong manpage? :)

I guess, both can be correct, as those are different programs.

That is, newfs creates 5% filesystems, while tunefs creates 10%
filesystems.

Now, reading the source, this is wrong. Tunefs never sets minfree
unless explicitly given, so that sentence should be deleted from
the tunefs manual page. 5% is the default value used by newfs.

	-is

--
seal your e-mail: http://www.gnupg.org/