Subject: Re: Quick question about autoconf and the emuxki driver
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Mark Kirby <mark@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/10/2004 10:13:33
On Wednesday 10 November 2004 09:47, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> These "not configured" messages are printed by the parent bus driver,
> pci in this case.  pci driver tries to attach its children.  emuxki
> claims (match/attach) device/function 11/0, but no driver claims 11/1
> and 11/2.
>
> SY, Uwe

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok i understand what you are saying, but how does the pci bus driver know that
the card has these functions, does it somehow ask the card what functions it
has?

I'm sorry these questions are elementary, the document by Jochen Kunz "Writing
drivers for NetBSD" does not cover devices with multiple functions. I shall
go through it again with a fine tooth comb later and see if i cant get my
head around things.

Thanks again for the help.

Mark