Subject: Re: failing to keep a process from swapping
To: SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp>
From: Arto Selonen <arto@selonen.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/30/2004 10:54:17
Hi!

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, SODA Noriyuki wrote:

> 	enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp> said:

> > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2004/10/07/0014.html tells
> > that anon reaches to the max (600MB of anon vs 700MB of pages on the
> > queue).
>
> Ah, that's right.
> (1000 * 0.64) / (470 + 240 + 1) > 90%
> Thus, there is no wonder why anon pages are paged out.

Hey, that's it! As simple as it looks, I'm sure I could not have figured
it out on my own (at least considering the way I gave those numbers).

Thanks a lot! Problem solved, and I can move on to the next part of my
squid problem. First part was the early paging out, the next one is
"400 MB squid forking and partially freezing the whole system".

Artsi
--
Everstinkuja 5 B 35                               Don't mind doing it.