Subject: Re: LKM diff for review
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/25/2004 17:42:24
--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 02:31:23AM +0200, Peter Postma wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 05:27:11PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:01:14PM +0200, Peter Postma wrote:
> > Other than that, the only other thing I think you should do is address =
the=20
> > used/refcnt question. I'm not 100% sure what the best thing to do is.=
=20
> > While I think refcounting would be good, the question is how are the=20
> > references added & deleted. If an LKM can say, "I depend on this LKM,"=
=20
> > then they make a lot of sense. Otherwise, it's probably better to leave=
 it=20
> > as a used flag for now.
> >=20
>=20
> I've already committed it, sorry.

Uhm, that was quick. Did you really not want comments? :-)

In the future, please think about how someone will look at any given=20
change you make and the comment you attach to it, and thus figure out why=
=20
you made it. By merging different changes together, it's hard to figure=20
out why any given line changed. I realize I've muddled stuff before, and=20
probably everyone else has. Just please think about it in the future.

> I'll change the 'refcnt' back to 'used', then it should be ok..

Don't bother. I made the comment assuming you hadn't checked it in yet.=20
Leave it as-is.

Take care,

Bill

--RhUH2Ysw6aD5utA4