Subject: Re: LKM diff for review
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: None <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/25/2004 13:37:42
On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:32:04PM +1000, matthew green wrote:

>    On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:01:14PM +0200, Peter Postma wrote:
>    > I'm working on cleaning up the LKM code, here's my first diff for review:
>    > changes the static array to a linked list. I've been running with this diff
>    > for a while now and had no problems with LKM's so far.
>
>    What other changes do you have in mind?  I don't think all cleaning up on
>    Earth would make our LKM subsystem suck less.  Currently nobody would
>    reasonably have more than a few modules so a static array is jsut fine.
>

> i've at times loaded as many 15 lkm's... that's close to the stupid

For another reason than experimentation?

> static max.  i don't see any reason not to remove this limit...

I don't mind that change either, of course.  I'm wondering if it is a
real clean-up, though.  Sure, it saves 800 bytes or so, but adds some
complexity, and I don't quite get that refcnt thing;  I find it
confusing to change 'used' by 'refcnt' if there is no intent of adding
dependency support.

Quentin Garnier.