Subject: 2.0_BETA: kern/22551 rears its ugly head
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@puuhamaa.magenta.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2004 23:04:35
My i386 box was mostly doing not-much with a couple of users running irc
and reading mail and such, when the following panic struct:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "to_ticks >= 0" failed: file "../../../../kern/kern_timeout.c", line 281

gdb backtrace from the crash dump looks like:

#0  0x3fd30000 in ?? ()
#1  0xc03aeb1f in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xc0324654 in panic ()
#3  0xc048f950 in __assert ()
#4  0xc031d4d1 in callout_schedule ()
#5  0xc0127208 in tcp_input ()
#6  0xc011eafc in ip_input ()
#7  0xc011e4ed in ipintr ()
#8  0xc010ab70 in Xsoftnet ()

This looks like the same thing as in kern/22551 from 2003 which is apparently
still open. The machine is:

NetBSD puuhamaa 2.0_BETA NetBSD 2.0_BETA (PUUHAMAA2) #2: Wed Aug 18 15:19:06 EEST 2004  root@puuhamaa:/sys/arch/i386/compile/PUUHAMAA2 i386

Unless this has been fixed singe Aug 18, does anyone have ideas what might
cause this? I can help with digging, but I don't know how to reproduce this
(and it wouldn't make other users too happy either)

 -v