Subject: SB Live! support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Davis <dive-nb@endersgame.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/12/2004 03:36:54
--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

I've noticed that our SB Live (emuxki(4)) support is rather limited as far
as mixer capabilities go. When googling, I found a link that shows that
OpenBSD has bass/treble (and many others) in its mixerctl options - and
thus, obviously, available for any mixer program. Is there any plan to sync
to the OpenBSD driver, and if not (I'm guessing not) does anyone have any
advice for someone trying to implement the functionality that we lack and
they have? I'm guessing some big cvs diffs are in order, but IANAKH, so any
advice is welcome.

PS: after writing this mail (but obviously before sending) I was informed
that OpenBSD got the code from FreeBSD... so where should I look first? or
is someone already working on this?

TIA
-Sean

--