Subject: Re: Signal catching changes broke Matlab
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/28/2004 11:08:30
Nathan J. Williams wrote:
> > The spinning may break real-world apps.  I can think of a certain
> > commercial LISP interpreter that catches SEGV... will reverting this
> > change break PVS et. al again to fix Matlab?  Six of one, half a dozen
> > of the other!
>
> The spinning occurred when a process that had SEGV masked generated
> another SEGV. I don't believe that just catching SEGV was affected.

Indeed.

However, we managed to test a full fix, and the Matlab problem is
reported gone with kern_sig.c rev. 1.198. I'll request pullup
to 2.0 branch shortly.

Thanks for your attention.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-