Subject: Re: stripping down wscons: only US keymap [patch]
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/20/2004 18:30:44
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 01:18:17PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>>
>> I'm looking at stripping down wscons, and aparently one can save 10kB (on
>> a install floppy w/ wscons[1]) when removing all but the US keymaps.
>> Any comments on adding the patch below? Suggestions for better name of the
>> option?
>
> Well, what happens if someone wants to install on a system w/o a US
> keyboard? I think 10k is a small price to pay for having the install work.
> :-)

 	Sounds like an 'install tiny' option.

 	On that front... maybe install tiny should switch back from a
 	ramdisk to a UFS formatted floppy disk image. If someone is that
 	short of memory then running the install from a floppy disk
 	filesystem is the best option. If they are that short of memory,
 	and the only media device they have is a single floppy disk
 	drive... then we may not be able to help them.