Subject: Re: cgd->vnd panic in BETA_2.0
To: Karl Janmar <karl@utopiafoundation.org>
From: Roland C. Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/19/2004 14:47:01
Karl Janmar wrote:

>I will trigger this panic again with DEBUG and DIAGNOSTIC turned on.
>As the backtrace suggest there seems to be a locking issue?!
>Is anybody experience the same problem?
>Any ideas?

Well, I haven't seen the problem, but then I have not [recently]
run cgd(4) on vnd(4).  But, from the trace I can guess what is
going on here.  Basically, when cgdiodone() is called it checks to
see if there are any pending transactions that need to be completed
and if there are it will start them.  When the cgd(4) is configured
on a vnd(4), this jumps into file system code which expects to be
run from a process context not an interrupt context.

I'll have to think a bit about how to solve this one.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/