Subject: Re: kern/26726: com driver probe degraded
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@pultek.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/17/2004 16:21:19
> 	please take a look at kern/26726.  it seems that recent change to
> 	com_pcmcia.c degraded com* device probe.  the culprit revision is
> 	identified.  this is rather serious as it affects any users with
> 	pcmcia/CF card modems.  even though bug report is filed there's no fix
> 	available.  i propose to back out the change.  any objections?

Interestingly, a PCMCIA serial card which hadn't worked before is
working now.

	% uname -a
	NetBSD oratosquilla.PLALA-ADSL 2.0G NetBSD 2.0G (LIBRETTOL2) #10: Wed Sep  8 22:51:30 JST 2004  uebayasi@power.pultek.co.jp:/src/NetBSD/kernel/sys/arch/i386/compile/LIBRETTOL2 i386
	% dmesg | grep com0
	com0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Socket Communications Inc, Serial Port Adapter Revision B, ^Z^E^A, >
	com0: ns16550a, working fifo

I haven't looked into which changes made what, but this shows that the
current code is not totally broken.

Masao