Subject: Removing COMPAT_AOUT*
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/09/2004 21:49:05
Hi,

I'd like to finally remove that code on -current. COMPAT_AOUT will
just go - ld.so takes care of /emul/aout prefix for library search paths.
COMPAT_AOUTM68K will stay, but all path mangling code would be removed
and only struct stat translation would be left.

Unless there would be any serious objections to that, I'll do the
removal sometime next week.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-