Subject: Re: retry: NetBSD umidi driver shuns M-Audio / Midiman Midisport 2x4
To: Chapman Flack <flack@cerias.purdue.edu>
From: Chapman Flack <flack@cerias.purdue.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/02/2004 11:37:19
I wrote:
> >  * numbered ports.  Both bulk output endpoints have corresponding
> >  * input bulk endpoints (at indices 1 and 3) which aren't used.
>
> packet format.  The last bit of fun was that umidi expected bulk input
> endpoints and explicitly rejected an interrupt endpoint, but the basic

I should mention that I first tried to use the bulk input eps 1 and 3
to avoid messing with the interrupt ep, but nothing ever came in on them.
Apparently "which aren't used" doesn't just mean the linux driver doesn't
use them.  ;)  I don't know if there's some configuration message that can
be sent to the Midisport so it uses them; I gave up an hacked umidi to work
with the interrupt ep and that actually gets data.

-Chap