Subject: POSIX named semaphores - implemented but not documented?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/01/2004 23:51:55
I'm trying to use POSIX named semaphores on -current.
sem_open()/sem_close()/sem_unlink() calls. Looks like it works just fine. At
least with my simple client/server tests and according to kern/uipc_sem.c
code. On the other hand, man pages for -current says that:

---cut---
The sem_open(), sem_close(), and sem_unlink() functions are not supported by
this implementation.

sem_open() returns SEM_FAILED and sets errno to indicate an error. sem_close()
and sem_unlink() return -1 and set errno to indicate an error.
---cut---

http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?sem_open++NetBSD-current

Is there any serious reason no to publish information about POSIX named
semaphores or man pages just a bit out of date ?

ps: My thanks to Jason R. Thorpe for his work :) It's really usefull API
[IMHO].

// wbr