Subject: amr(8) support in i386 INSTALL kernels?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@spg.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/01/2004 17:58:33
Hi,

trying to install 2.0beta on an i386 machine with an LSI Logic
MegaRAID 320-2 (firmware version '1L26', www.netbsd.org says:
supported by the amr(8) driver), I get a 'no disk found' and in
/kern/msgbuf

Vendor 0x1000 product 0x1960 (RAID mass storage, revision 0x01) at
pci3 dev6 function 0 not configured

although the INSTALL kernel has

[hf@heiligenberg] /<5>i386/conf > fgrep amr INSTALL
amr*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # AMI/LSI Logic MegaRAID
ld*     at amr? unit ?

-- what am I / is the INSTALL kernel missing?

	hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik