Subject: want to attach umass & ugen to the same device?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/21/2004 20:07:17
hi folks.

i have a new printer that attaches a ulpt and a umass instance.
unfortunately the ulpt doesn't work in "normal" mode (well documented)
but HP have a driver project for linux... in trying to get this
software ported, i've need to make ulpt not match for me (by taking
it out of my kernel) and also taking umass out as well.  it seems that
if any driver attaches to a device, ugen won't...  so while i need ugen
to talk to the device as a printer, doing so means i can't access the
sd@umass it otherwise also exports.

as ugen provides access to all the usb functions, and i really only
care about one and want another handled by umass, i'm not at all sure
how to solve my problem...

ideas/comments?

.mrg.