Subject: kern/26210
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/18/2004 20:06:52
Hi all,

ps(1) cannot show msgrcv for processes, since the part accounting the
blocks have been removed in uipc_socket.c soreceive() ten years ago. I
suspect that perhaps this was done in order to transition to a better
way to do it in preparation for MP? But I'm not sure about this. It
could explain the /* XXX */ comments found in sosend() where it counts
packets this way.

However, sosend() uses a method which appears to be working properly,
so kern/26210 suggests a diff to make soreceive() use the same method.
Is there a known problem with this? It appears to work so far without
problems in my kernels... It also would be nice if we could find a
solution to this before official 2.0 release...

Thanks,
Matt