Subject: Re: Advice Needed on a NetBSD based project
To: None <hsaliak@kasba.ath.cx>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/08/2004 13:14:29
On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 hsaliak@kasba.ath.cx wrote:
> Is there an efficient mechanism already present to achieve this?  Or anything I can base it on, without starting from scratch?
> My apologies if I missed out on something obvious.

Maybe have a look at LFS, which runs it's cleaner daemon in userspace.
IIRC LFS is described in "Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD
Operating System", there a re probably a number of other ressources for it
too. According to the lfs_cleanerd(8) manpage, there are a bunch of
lfs_*(8) system calls that assist in the venture.

 - Hubert

--
                         ,,_
If wishes were wings,  o"   )~  would fly.            -- Go www.NetBSD.org!