Subject: Re: problems in scsipi detach code.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/04/2004 20:18:29
On 2004-08-05 bouyer@antioche.eu.org wrote:

> I've found various problems in the scsipi detach code, for scsi devices,
> when there is active commands for this device.

  While testing my updated slhci driver (a CF USB Host Controller) I have
seen two problems with scsipi detach (which might be due to my driver or
the pcmcia problems I am having).  I have not looked into this much.
Perhaps you can see an obvious way this could be happening and if so make
sure any modifications take this into account.

  I once got a TAILQ_INSERT_TAIL panic on line 1440 of scsipi_base.c
during cddetach.  I usually did not run with QUEUEDEBUG, so it may be that
this would have happened more frequently had it been possible.

  Frequently the usb thread would get stuck in scsipi_channel_shutdown
waiting for the thread to shutdown.  Meanwhile, the thread is stuck in
scsipi_execute_xs waiting to be woken up.  (Yanking the card causes the
pcic thread to get stuck in scsipi_channel_shutdown too:
usb_disconnect_port gets entered twice for the same port.)

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com