Subject: Re: removing incorrect 32 bit ufs casts
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/25/2004 19:00:33
--huq684BweRXVnRxX

"Darrin B. Jewell" <dbj@netbsd.org> wrote:

> I would like to commit the following patch which fixes some problems
> when trying to use a ufs2 filesystem with more than 31 bits worth of
> sectors (1tb).
>=20
> I'd like some feedback to ensure that I won't break lfs, ext2 or ufs1
> filesystems by commiting this change.

I can't tell you if it breaks any of the other filesystems, but I can
confirm that this appears to have fixed the seemingly random filesystem
corruption I've been seeing ever since upgrading to 2.0_BETA.

If you commit this patch (or already have done so), please also request
a pullup-request to the 2.0 branch.  Without this patch, 2.0_BETA is
close to useless on >1TB filesystem machines.

Thanks a lot!
-Jan

--=20
http://www.eff.org