Subject: Re: Does BUFQ_GET/PUT need a lock?
To: Gordon Waidhofer <gww@traakan.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/2004 09:52:38
--Apple-Mail-27-538808479

On Jul 22, 2004, at 1:55 AM, Gordon Waidhofer wrote:

> dev/ata/wd.c/wdstrategy() does not lock.
> dev/scsipi/sd.c/wdstrategy() does not lock.
> I've not checked others, but these are the
> biggies.

There is no well-defined locking protocol for this.  But it doesn't
matter right now, since NetBSD's MP only allows one processor to be
running in the kernel at a time (for the moment).

So, the answer is "it needs a lock eventually, but don't lose any sleep
over it right now."

--Apple-Mail-27-538808479
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit