Subject: Re: emul vs. symlinks
To: Quentin Garnier <cube@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/21/2004 15:44:24
On Tue 13 Jul 2004 at 23:25:21 +0200, Quentin Garnier wrote:
> Le Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:13:40 -0700
> Bill Studenmund a ecrit :
> > I think if we do this right, we can get rid of emul_find().
>
> Well, I'm not so sure about this, since it's syscall-dependent.  Arguably
> we could flag some way the calling lwp.

Well, if we do it "right", we'll have introduced an algorithm with
exponential complexity in the name-lookup mechanism (exponential in the
number of traversed symlinks). I smell a Denial Of Service attack, or at
least bad system performance. Do we want that?

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.