Subject: Re: kern/start_init()/init_main.c doesn't care for /rescue ?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/08/2004 20:09:46
> According to start_init()'s code there's no way to manually specify
> exact path for init if vfs_mountroot() runs fine.

Ages ago, I did away with the hardwired list of init paths and added
code to prompt for a path to init either if the first attempt to run
init fails or if a boot option (I used -i on most ports I've added it
to) is given.

If anyone thinks this is worth picking up, the patches are in
ftp.rodents.montreal.qc.ca:/mouse/source-tree/patches/working/
alongside the rest of my private patches - fetch the "doc" file to see
what's what there.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign