Subject: Re: lkm for pci device
To: Daniel Brewer <danielb@cat.co.za>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/2004 10:12:04
--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 05:42:35PM +0200, Daniel Brewer wrote:
> Hi
>=20
> I'm trying to convert a kernel space driver to an lkm driver for a PCI
> device. I've got the lkm framework working, but I'm having trouble with t=
he
> autoconf stuff (finding the devices on the PCI bus, calling the match() a=
nd
> attach() functions). Am I missing something obvious?

I've forgotten who wrote it, but there's a PCI lkm framework floating=20
around.

The problem is that the autoconfig code isn't set up to rescan the PCI=20
bus, thus there's no easy way to notice your new driver. Also, I'm not=20
sure if there's an easy way to punch your driver into the PCI discovery=20
code.

Take care,

Bill

P.S. next time, don't just grab a message, reply, and change the subject.=
=20
Your Email program is smart enough to keep the "references" attributes, so=
=20
your new message ends up in the middle of the thread for the message you=20
started with. That makes it harder to notice. :-(=20

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp--