Subject: Re: kern/25977: Implement WSMOUSEIO_SSCALE as software scaling
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2004 12:48:16
> I did test negative scaling (inversion) which would succeed in giving
> me a headache pretty quickly.

For normal use, yes.  But there are plenty of special purposes for
which reversal is reasonable.  (As simple examples: it allows you to
compensate for the mouse being physically reversed, or for its
generating deltas that are reversed from how the software expects.)

I would be tempted to make it a full 2x2 (or 3x3, or whatever) linear
transform - in particular, such that it is possible to switch axes.
That may be overkill, though.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign