Subject: FTDI USB HS Serial Converter
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Gilbert Fernandes <gilbertf@netbsd-fr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/02/2004 19:15:55
Hi all.

I bought this adapter from a shop today in Paris, and I have
been able to use it from Windows. Checking on NetBSD, the
device is found but set to use ugen. Checking the hardware
web site, they report that both FreeBSD and OpenBSD support
it and the OpenBSD's driver is named uftdi

I'm gonna import the OpenBSD code tonight to my NetBSD-current
and I would appreciate if anybody has advices about how it
should be done (should I port code directly or rewrite some
parts to be more close to the NetBSD way of doing things
on USB ?)

I want to use it from NetBSD for two objectives : (1) use
my Garmin GPS form NetBSD and (2) give my Thinkpad X30
the serial COM port it's missing so I can link it to Cisco or
various hardware as console.

--
Gilbert Fernandes