Subject: Re: making tpcalib MI
To: None <darkstar@city-net.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@sarna.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/26/2004 08:47:04
In article <Pine.BSF.4.51.0405252004340.81159@vegeta.city-net.com> you write:
>   IMO, GETID should go in the individual drivers since it has nothing to
> do with calibration in particular.  I don't know if there is another
> convienient place to share the code, but copy&paste should be fine.

Your later message complains, I think, that hpc_tpcalib is a bad name
for something that doesn't really have anything to do with calibration
anymore.  I agree with that, but sharing the code till seems good.
Consider the proposal modifed to now call that hpc_tpanel, with a
hpc_tpanel_ioctl() function.

>   I think it is only hpcfb specific by using the extended configuration
> info that is needed for hpc frame buffers.  For many other frame buffers

Well, besides being hpcfb-specific, it's fb-specific. That's not going
to work on i386 except with uwscons, I suppose. Even then, you really
need to calibrate in the same display mode you'll be using it in.

> An additional X utility would be good too.  It might also be reasonable to
> do a text-only "touch what you want to be the corners" mode.

That would only be useful for using the touchpanel with curses apps or
the like, I think.