Subject: Re: curproc removal (NFS, ...)
To: Jonathan Stone <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/25/2004 14:06:00

On May 25, 2004, at 1:21 PM, Jonathan Stone wrote:

> We have agreed not to go back to using use curproc.  How, then, would
> you suggest we pass the necessary struct proc * to soreceive(), so it
> can pass it onto pr->pr_domain->dom_externalize?

Not directly related, but...

I would like to point out that no all uses of curproc / curlwp are bad.
  Anyting that inherently operates on the context of the running process
/ lwp is a totally appropriate use of curproc, and in fact using
curproc could prevent bugs from happening.

Here's a short list off the top of my head:

- lockmgr()
- ltsleep()
- copyin() / copyout() / related functions
- Anything in the trap path

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (Darwin)