Subject: Re: Linux emulation problems (1.6.2)
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/17/2004 18:02:54
On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:29:55 +0000 (UTC) (Matthias Scheler) wrote:

> In article <>,
> 	"Mike M. Volokhov" <> writes:
> > I have an Overnet for Linux installed from pkgsrc (net/overnet +
> > emulators/suse_*).
> You could try "pkgsrc/net/mldonkey" which includes an Overnet client is
> available as source.

Thanks for pointing this out. I look to net/overnet so as it allowed
remote administration from Windows PCs and depends on not too many
packages, but if mldonkey have this too, I switch to it.

> > Very interesting that on NetBSD 2.0C it works without any problems.
> That's good news.
> > Does anybody have the same problem? What it might be?
> There are various problems running threaded Linux binaries under NetBSD 1.6
> and its update releases and a lot of work has been spent on fixing things
> for NetBSD 2.0. And as you report it seems to work now.

Yes, my assumption was about thread library, and you said the same. The
overnet is not only program which have such troubles on 1.6.2. But I
don't know how to debug Linux threaded binaries on NetBSD 1.6.2.

Thanks you.