Subject: Re: connect() problems.
To: Matt Thomas <>
From: None <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/17/2004 12:45:26
> At 02:34 AM 5/15/2004, wrote:
> >Posix specifies that if a connect() call is interrupted, the connection
> >attempt shall not be aborted but instead be established asynchronously.
> In this case, wouldn't it be appropriate to return an errno of
Maybe it would be more informing, but from the Opengroup man page:

"If connect() is interrupted by a signal that is caught while blocked
 waiting to establish a connection, connect() shall fail and set errno
 to [EINTR], but the connection request shall not be aborted, and the
 connection shall be established asynchronously."

I don't think we should do it different.

-- Ragge