Subject: Fix in if_wm.c.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/05/2004 13:17:58
The ability to use MCLBYTES larger than 2048 is ifdef'd out in the wm
driver, with the somewhat cryptic comment:

       /*
        * XXX MCLBYTES > 2048 causes "Tx packet consumes too many DMA"
        * XXX segments, dropping" -- why?
        */

The message above is probably a result of an MD bug somewhere
(in bus_dma_load_mbuf), the card has no problem using larger buffers.

I have used 4096 bytes mbuf clusters on x86 with many different
wm cards for a long time now without any problem at all, and I
would like to turn on the ability again. Comments?

-- Ragge