Subject: Re: ktr from freebsd
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp>
From: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/22/2004 20:11:37
On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 07:56:41AM +0900, enami tsugutomo wrote:
> > , uvm_history seems closest by functionality but too tied to uvm and
> > somewhat too heavy for .S codes.
>
> The latter is true but former is not.  I'm curious why do you think

Have to agree 'too tied' is overstatement, I looked at uvmhist _after_
I started using ktr so things like multiple buffers, explicit initialization,
strlens and UVMHIST_FUNC presets looked excessive for what I need.

> uvmhist is tied to uvm (except the name.  Actually, I'd like to rename
> it to, e.g., khist).
>
> Anyway, if they can coexist, it will be ok... (but the marconame
> CTRn() sounds too terse for me).

I stripped original code but didn't change names and wouldn't unless
something else is changed also. It would be easier for people to read
different BSDs.

	Andrey