Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/fs/msdosfs
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
From: None <toddpw@toddpw.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/21/2004 02:55:23
> > Also, it occurs to me that the msdos struct probably needs to be added to
> > the mount(2) man page. I think I can sort that out, but it's only worth
> > doing after we agree on the versioning.
>
> I don't think so - 3rd party code is not supposed to call mount(2),
> so I don't see need to maintain copy of the structure
> in manpage.

The page for mount(2) documents the "currently supported types of file
systems and their type specific data" but then only lists ffs, nfs, and mfs.

Perhaps it would be better if the man page told people how to find the hearder
files instead. It'd be shorter, and more generic.

> > If no one objects to the full patch by friday (april 23), I'd like to move
> > forward with everything as proposed in the PR.
>
> Please hold off. I wouldn't have time to look at the
> proposed change before Saturday.

ok. I'll be offline the entire weekend (out-of-town). Next week is fine.
(I'm not impatient -- really! -- I just have a lot of commitments in the
next six weeks and I didn't want to let this slip through the cracks.)

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ toddpw.org