Subject: Re: linux_sysctl.c broken in current with GENERIC (i386)
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/18/2004 19:41:33
> I have:
> /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:				v1.96 2003/07/02
> /usr/src/sys/compat/linux/common/linux_sysctl.h:	v1.1 2002/02/15
> gcc -v:					version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
> I guess these are out of date.  Any advice on the best way to upgrade
> my toolchain (gcc, includes, etc.) to a newer version that works?
> I can't find any recent binary snapshots, so which source tarballs
> should I get and build?

Hi Andrew:

Just noticed that:

ftp:/ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/

is back online in the new FTP server.  So I downloaded all of the
source tarballs and was able to easily compile and install
everything.  Now I am able to compile kernels from NetBSD-current
with ease.  :-)

Thanks for the tip about upgrading my toolchain.

Now I just need to play around with the kernel config, so that I
can get a kernel to boot without panic on my ACPI-only, JVC-Victor
Interlink MP-XP7310 sub-notebook.  (Both unmodified GENERIC &
GENERIC_LAPTOP from current causes a kernel panic during boot on
my sub-notebook.)

Alicia.